Text To Geometry 2015 Testing

SEANT

This is a 2015 upgrade to an existing app:

https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/AMECH/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3aText-to-Geometry%3aen

Much of the source code for this routine resides at theswamp.org. This version's source is available upon request.

The code has had slight modifications from the 2012 - 2014 version, and, unfortunately, was rejected by the Exchange due to a terminal error.

The error only occurred on systems where it was a first run, but would work on subsequent runs. I tracked it down to an initialization routine, and believe it now fixed.

If anyone's willing - let me know what you think.

STSC_TextToGeometry.bundle.zip

I'd be glad to test this out next week sometime.

Perhaps it would be prudent to modify the thread name to indicate the App you're requesting others test, instead of what platform?

Cheers

. . . .

Perhaps it would be prudent to modify the thread name to indicate the App you're requesting others test, instead of what platform?

. . . .

Good point. It doesn't look like the thread title can be modified. I will give it another look, though, when I'm not all jacked up with excitement about an impending Superbowl.:shock:

Good point. It doesn't look like the thread title can be modified. I will give it another look, though, when I'm not all jacked up with excitement about an impending Superbowl.:shock:

Unless I'm confusing this with another forum, thread title can be modified from advanced.

About to run out for groceries for the game myself as it happens. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Let me know what the thread title should be and I'll change it for you.

Thanks Rod. Let's just go with:

Text To Geometry 2015 Testing

No complaints so far - I'll assume 'no news is good news.'

Unless something comes up, I'll re-submit this update to the Exchange this weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

I love testing ad-ons for people

Note: I did make sure to right click and "Unblock" the .dll files

Here is the error I am getting after net loading your .dll on AutoCAD 2015

Command: NETLOAD
Cannot load assembly. Error details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\STSC_TextToGeometry.bundle\Contents\Support\STSC_Text2Geom_v19.dll' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)
File name: 'file:///C:\Users\Greg\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\STSC_TextToGeometry.bundle\Contents\Support\STSC_Text2Geom_v19.dll' ---> System.NotSupportedException: An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)
  at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
  at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)
  at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.ExtensionLoader.Load(String fileName)
  at loadmgd()

Hey Greg,

Where on your network are you attempting to load the assembly from?

More on enabling LoadFromRemoteSources in Acad.exe.config file here, which I haven't personally needed since 2011, or 2012:

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2011/07/loading-blocked-and-network-hosted-assemblies-with-net-4.html

Cheers

Hi Greg, thanks for testing this for me.

Ideally, with the use of the .Bundle format, a user would not have to Netload anything. Autodesk has set up the process such that any bundle found in a couple of specific locations (one being C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins) would have the pertinent DLLs loaded automatically (either at startup or upon command invocation).

What happens if you type T2G, without using the netload command?

Sean,

It is working now.

The reason I was using net load was because I usually see a pop up saying that such-n-such plug-in has loaded and I didn't it when I copied your .bundle into its Application plugins folder.

However, your ribbon panel did show up in the Add-ins ribbon. So I clicked on the icon and then got the error saying "Unknown command: _t2g"...

So that is why I went ahead and used netload.

I think that I simply needed to restart AutoCAD again for it to fully kick in. All is good now.

But now you have to make one work for 2016 before it gets released. HAHA

Thanks again,

~Greg

Sean's .bundle.jpg

. . . .

But now you have to make one work for 2016 before it gets released. HAHA

. . . .

I know. I've got to work harder/faster, lest I fall too far behind.

I'm glad to hear you're up and running once again.

• 3 weeks later...

The Text to Geometry beta routine I have here can also be run in AutoCAD 2016 with a simple file switch. The file:

Local Disk© - Users - - AppData - Roaming - Autodesk - ApplicationPlugins - STSC_TextToGeometry.bundle - PackageContents.xml

must be replaced by the similarly named file in the attached ZIP.

PackageContents.zip

Hey!

I ve got a problem whit this Zip archives, I dunno what should i do(?? after exact ?? )... should i copy somewhere or it is more complicated???

I hope you will able to help me although I m not a computer scientist, but an AutoCAD fanatic.

Hope you help: -G-