Little help with Advance Steel

BurningBetty

Hi guys,

My first time using Advance Steel, and 3D for that matter.

I'm having a little trouble with adding column and roof bracing in the first bay of the attached drawing. I'm really hoping someone can help me out. I've watched a bunch of YouTube videos and they make it look so easy, but I just can't get it right. I'm wanting 80x80x8 ea cross bracing.

Then, as a side question and not too important, we don't bolt the purlin cleats to the truss like I've done it in the drawing, instead we weld the cleat to the truss and then bolt the cleat to the purlin. When I added the purlins they were all floating in the air and the only way to get them into place was to add a bolted connection between them and the truss. If I used a welded cleat they just stayed floating in the air...Could you tell me what I did wrong there and how I can get the cleats/purlins to line up with the curved truss without bolting them?

I would really appreciate any help you guys can offer.

Thanks in advance

EDIT - Couldn't attach because the drawing is 140kb too big. So here is a link to it : http://www.filedropper.com/drawing1