Export Data to EXISTING Spreadsheet

Beeftimer

Hello all,

I'm very new to AutoLISP and don't have a whole lot of experience with writing code in general, but I've been realizing the benefit of scripting and LISP (although I'm not entirely sure about the difference between the two). So here's my problem and PLEASE try and use layman's terms (if at all possible) instead of assuming I'm an expert coder. I've already read several posts about some of the issues I've encountered, but I'm writing my own now because the explanations go over my head. So here goes:

I've already learned how to export data into a new spreadsheet, but what I want to do is to export to an EXISTING spreadsheet. (Not sure if it matters, but just to be as specific as possible I'm counting the number of components (blocks) within each loop in a building, which I have assigned to its own layer, and putting those numbers into a design spreadsheet template that shows/does calculations with that information.) I realize that i may have to write (or copy) AutoLISP code in order to do this. I found a website that claimed to have a code that did exactly that, but when I loaded it into AutoCAD it gave me:

Command: it.; error: null interface pointer: #

Researching what this meant just lost me even more. I have no idea what it means. I would post the code I tried to use, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed or what the rules are on that sort of thing. Regardless, could someone point me in the right direction as to how to go about doing this? I'd be willing to figure it all out on my own if I just had the time or more know-how, but I don't, which is why I'm here.

As always, thanks in advance.

Beef

Hi Beef .

As far as I can tell about that error report is that the file object (Excel file MAYBE ) is released before finishing the process .

Anyway , explain your aim of the Lisp program with examples ( a sample drawing as well as the Excel file ) to allow users to give you a hand if that is possible and applicable .

Good luck .

Hi Beef .

As far as I can tell about that error report is that the file object (Excel file MAYBE ) is released before finishing the process .

Anyway , explain your aim of the Lisp program with examples ( a sample drawing as well as the Excel file ) to allow users to give you a hand if that is possible and applicable .

Good luck .

I will definitely do that when I have some time, Tharwat. Maybe I'll have time to attach those tomorrow or the next day. Thanks.

Beef

Okay, so I took some time to put together some example files that might offer some clarity as to what exactly I need to do with this. I've attached a CAD drawing, a spreadsheet file and a picture. The picture is what the spreadsheet should look like once the LISP has done its job correctly.

loopsTest.dwg

loopsTest.xlsx

loopsTest.PNG