GATTE for Inventor like in Autocad

Guest kruuger

Guest kruuger

hello,

is there any tools like GATTE (global attribute editor) in Autocad but for Inventor?

i would like to update some attributes on all layouts. this can't not be a custom dwg properties since on some layouts attributes need to be setup individually (for example different date/status at revision box).

can this be achive with ilogic ?

would love to see this but for INV:

https://apps.exchange.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Detail/Index?id=appstore.exchange.autodesk.com%3agattepro2-dynamicblockglobalattributeedit_windows32and64%3aen

thanks

kruuger

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe you could explain a little more why you like this or view it as a good practice?

I see a large problem here that maybe you haven't thought of, maybe you have. Lets say as an example you need to rev a model and its associated drawing from REV C to REV D. You are technically REV'ing the entire file no matter what you put in the sheets. So technically the file is revised. If other files are in that drawing on other sheets you might have SHEET1 with a model with REV C and another SHEET2 with REV D. This can get VERY confusing in a file management system. If I were to ask you what revision that file is on a computer you wouldn't be able to tell me because the SHEETS are rev'd and not the file. MOST designers do not do it this way and therefore MOST Inventor user have no need for the wish list item you are requesting. If you feel strongly enough that it should be identified by the user base and Autodesk you should submit and Idea to the Inventor IdeaStation and have the community vote on it.

Now having said all that you COULD just create Custom iProperties for each sheet and name then accordingly. I would also tell you that you would be better off having them in an iLogic Form instead of having to go to iProperties all the time.

http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/2014/05/drawing-title-block-forms-dump-the-prompted-entries.html

Guest kruuger
Maybe you could explain a little more why you like this or view it as a good practice?

I see a large problem here that maybe you haven't thought of, maybe you have. Lets say as an example you need to rev a model and its associated drawing from REV C to REV D. You are technically REV'ing the entire file no matter what you put in the sheets. So technically the file is revised. If other files are in that drawing on other sheets you might have SHEET1 with a model with REV C and another SHEET2 with REV D. This can get VERY confusing in a file management system. If I were to ask you what revision that file is on a computer you wouldn't be able to tell me because the SHEETS are rev'd and not the file. MOST designers do not do it this way and therefore MOST Inventor user have no need for the wish list item you are requesting. If you feel strongly enough that it should be identified by the user base and Autodesk you should submit and Idea to the Inventor IdeaStation and have the community vote on it.

Now having said all that you COULD just create Custom iProperties for each sheet and name then accordingly. I would also tell you that you would be better off having them in an iLogic Form instead of having to go to iProperties all the time.

http://blogs.rand.com/manufacturing/2014/05/drawing-title-block-forms-dump-the-prompted-entries.html

Hi Mark

i agree to set iprop for dwg but sometimes it is not just about model revision.

very often some parts are on hold or pending revisions when the other can be fabricated. So on some sheet needs to put FOR FABRICATION with new date when others still goes with OUT FOR APP.

that is the reason to get GATTE for INV. Filing all sheets with the same value at the beginning is very annoying. i would like to avoid this but.... it is life.

thanks for the link. already saw this. it is some kind of work around. but...how to setup different custom iprop for each sheet - in title block we set only one ?

kruuger