Help - Can't get rid of Autocad virus

rabihalghour

I just signed in to CADTutor, I have been Searching for some sites where i can ask a question and get a good answer for my problems with Autocad.

so i found a thread from CADTutor It was hopefully great solution for acad.fas acaddoc.lsp virus. i tried it and it worked but the virus still appear after saving and Autocad didn't protect me with any warning message when i save the file>>> the killworm was great to delete the virus but not everywhere. any ideas?? thanks in advanced :):):)

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

Sorry I can't help with your question, but someone certainly will, be patient,

if Akankah sees it, I am sure he will be able to help you.

It should have worked the first time out. Where exactly are you seeing signs of the virus remaining? Describe, in detail, what you are seeing.

Good morning ReMark..

I can't describe exactly all details cz i'm missing something.. I downloaded Killworm lisp hoping it will solve the problem>>> Isearched all my drivers even the network for acaddoc.lsp, acad.fas and acad.vlx and i deleted it from all network and computers' heard drive.

But suddenly the virus keep coming back again even when we don't download any e-mail DWG attachment. the acad.fas returns when we open any file even-though I ran KillWorm.fas and Killworm_acadtutor.lsp and scand all computers heard drives and folder including local network storage>>>

I really need HELP :(

thank you for replying..

Best Regards

I have renamed this thread to something more relevant. If you want people to help you with your issues you need to give your threads descriptive titles. I think most people would pass over a thread titled "Greetings" because they will think you're just introducing yourself.

Here's some useful information about AutoCAD viruses and how to avoid them: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD-and-Viruses.html

Here's information on how to detect and remove the Acad.vlx virus: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-detect-and-remove-the-Acad-vlx-virus-s.html

Maybe you are getting reinfected via drawings you have gotten from an outside source.

Did you read either of the links mentioned in post #5?

Dear Cad64,

Sorry for not replying sooner and thank you for the steps you take (Changing my thread title and your tips) :)

I'll check the links and give you feed back as soon as possible.

Thank you so much for your time.

Best Regards...