Invisible Entities in the OZONE ...

Hi,

I am challenged with a drawing that has unwanted invisible entities in the ozone. I know this because when I upload the drawing into my Space Management application, the zoom extents is compromised. It shows a grey area, like a ghost perimeter of a floor plan, in the background but no objects?

I used to use Spurge a lot for this sort of thing and it did wonders. Today my CAD use is minimal so a 2004 version is all I was given. Spurge is not downloadable into this version, so I cant use it ... or can I?

Can you PLEASE offer me some tips/tricks to remove these entities which are probably attributes from nested blocks, etc.

2004 was before my start with Autocad, so no specifics for your version,

too bad it is so dated, because with a much newer version, you could use the

-PURGE command. If you are able to access a newer version run "-PURGE",

the hyphen is important, then choose R for regapps, and after that choose A for all.

Might this be a WIPEOUT on the screen? Sounds like you are unable to select it.

Might it be on a locked layer?

You are probably not at liberty to post the drawing, but if you can, I would be happy

to try to figure/sort it out for you with 2013.

Might the drawing be using LIMITS, which keep it from zooming further?

Do extmax and extmin have a look at the numbers maybe zoom c extmax say 100 objects may appear, the other thing is -la on * T * then zoom E this will show all objects and maybe the odd one your looking for. Look for a dot on the screen.

Sounds like an xclipped block or xref of an ENTIRE floor plan with only the required amount of it shown inside the clip frame. Since your planning app may not support this functionality, it may be that there is a visible ghost of the hidden geometry shown in that app.

If 2004 has xclip, first type XCLIPFRAME, and change it to 1. This will place a visible frame around the entire clipped entity. If that works, there may be an arrow shaped grip somewhere on the frame. Click the arrow and it will reverse the xclip effects, showing now the hidden portion, but not the previously shown portion.

Back in AutoCad rather than the space planning app, does 2004 have xclip? Does it even have blocks? If so, try running the command XCLIP, when it says select objects, select whatever there is in the drawing that looks like there may be more of it, or even select all of the visible geometry. The next sub command should be a list with delete in it. Pick delete. At least that will allow you to see what is there, and what you can erase, or trim down to your liking. This all depends on whether 2004 can deal with xclips, and whether that is what it is.

If you can upload the drawing and post it here, it would be a great help. Save it to another drawing, and erase everything proprietary, like title blocks and logos.

If 2004 does not have xclip functionality someone here can fix it for you, if that is the issue, and you can paste it back into your original.

Thank you for the quick respond.

I am going to keep your notes for future reference.

Turns out the issue is within the space tool and the drawing was not the cause.

Can I reach-out to you directly in the future? If so, please advise.

Thank you,

Lisette

This is a forum for sharing information. If there is any chance that someone else would benefit from your questions, please post them.
Yeah, what he said. Besides, sometimes I think it is my job to offer wrong answers, so the really knowledgeable people can straighten me out.:oops:;)