Incrementing attribute values

Lee Chu Chu

There are multiple attributes that I want to be able to increment by 1. However there are a couple of problems, there are different attributes but I want to be able to select all of them and I the value that I want to increment by 1 has a letter before it.

;; window select block with attribute which has attribute starting with a latter
;; advance it by 1

(setq *inc* 1
     i	0
)
(sssetfirst nil nil)

(defun c:incatt	(/ x ss ent i)
 (if (setq ss (ssget ":L" '((0 . "INSERT") (66 . 1))))
   (repeat (setq i (sslength ss))
     (setq ent (entget (entnext (ssname ss (setq i (1- i))))))
     (if (= (cdr (assoc 0 ent)) "ATTRIB")
(if (wcmatch (cdr (setq n (assoc 1 ent))) "@*")
  (progn
    (setq x (+ *inc* (atoi (substr (cdr (assoc 1 ent))2))))
	 (setq  x (strcat (substr (cdr n) 1 1) (itoa x)))

(entmod (subst (cons 1 x) n ent))
  )
)
     )
   )
 )
)

@ samifox

You have lots of things to consider in your codes .

1- Since that you considered a static number to add to the text string in attributes , you can replace the global variable *inc* with number 1

2- You did set the variable ( i ) with zero and reset the same variable with the number of object in the selection set , so it is useless .

3- Your codes would modify the first attribute object if it was the first object crated in the block and it has a character as a starting of the text string .

4- Finally , you need to add while function to cycle through all objects in the selection set ( Block Definitions ) .

Hope this help .

That code doesn't do anything of the sort/ anything that I want it to. It just shows me the properties of all the attributes that I have selected. I tried modifying the code but to no avail.

All I want the program to do is to select the multiple types of attributes and just increment the particular tag for the attribute called "CCTNUM" by 1. I don't want any options, just increment

I have managed to get the code to work but it increments the attribute tag and I am unable to find the associate tag for the value I want to change.

4 found
((-1 . <Entity name: 7f6ce7fc8b0>) (0 . "ATTRIB") (330 . <Entity name: 7f6ce7fc8a0>) (5 . "7EB") (100 . "AcDbEntity") (67 . 0) (410 . "Model") (8 . "ESYMB_35") (6 . "Continuous") (100 . "AcDbText") (10 -43270.9 -15513.9 0.0) (40 . 250.0) (1 . "P4") (50 . 0.0) (41 . 1.0) (51 . 0.0) (7 . "ISOCP") (71 . 0) (72 . 1) (11 -43078.2 -15388.9 0.0) (210 0.0 0.0 1.0) (100 . "AcDbAttribute") (280 . 0) (2 . "DB DESIGNATION") (70 . 0) (73 . 0) (74 . 2) (280 . 0))

This is what is outputs and it changes the (1.P4) value but theres another value for the attribute that has the value something like E1. That is the one that I want to change.

Try this program .

(defun c:Test ( / ss )
 ;;;    Tharwat . 06.02.2015    ;;;
(if (setq ss (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "INSERT")(66 . 1))))
 ((lambda ( x / sn st )
    (while (setq sn (ssname ss (setq x (1+ x))))
      (vl-some '(lambda (v) (if (and (eq (strcase (vla-get-tagstring v)) "CCTNUMBERS")
                                     (wcmatch (setq st (vla-get-textstring v)) "@*#")
                                     )
                              (progn (vla-put-textstring v (strcat (substr st 1 1) (itoa (1+ (read (substr st 2)))))) t)
                              ))
               (vlax-invoke (vlax-ename->vla-object sn) 'getattributes)
               )))
   -1 )
 )
(princ)
) (vl-load-com)

Try this program .

(defun c:Test ( / ss )
 ;;;    Tharwat . 06.02.2015    ;;;
(if (setq ss (ssget "_:L" '((0 . "INSERT")(66 . 1))))
 ((lambda ( x / sn st )
    (while (setq sn (ssname ss (setq x (1+ x))))
      (vl-some '(lambda (v) (if (and (eq (strcase (vla-get-tagstring v)) "CCTNUMBERS")
                                     (wcmatch (setq st (vla-get-textstring v)) "@*#")
                                     )
                              (progn (vla-put-textstring v (strcat (substr st 1 1) (itoa (1+ (read (substr st 2)))))) t)
                              ))
               (vlax-invoke (vlax-ename->vla-object sn) 'getattributes)
               )))
   -1 )
 )
(princ)
) (vl-load-com)

i really like your code ...so efficient!

• 6 years later...

I´m trying to increment the sum of attributes from one dinamic block to another dinamic block. Each block have 3 equally named attributes from A to C. Then i fill each attribute with numbers for example "A" = 1, "B"=1, "C=1 into block "1" and "A" = 2, "B"=2, "C=2 into block "2".

My goal is to select block "1" and then block "2" and add the sum directly to block "2" attributes.

Is this possible?

Thanks in advance!