File size inflating

DDP

Hey all.

I have an unusual problem I hope you fine folk can help me with. We currently run AutoCAD 2009 in the office (behind the curve I know, but try telling that to the boss's wallet), but one machine seems to create unusually large files.

When the user saves a dwg, the files size triples or even quadrupals. If we re-save the file on a different machine, the file size reduces back to its normal size.

We've tried purge and -purge before saving but to no avail. We can only surmise that there is a setting or variable in this one version of CAD that is causing it to inflate the file size.

Any ideas what it could be and how we can turn it off?

Ignore me, it turns out I have been mis-informed.

The original file was being saved as 2009 but the other user was saving as 2004, reducing the file size from 7mb down to 2.5mb.

As usual it comes down to a lack of communication :roll: but at least we've got to the bottom of it. Out of curiosity why would the newer file type be so much larger?