Can't Open Drawings

DannySully91

Currently using AutoCAD 2015. I've been sent over drawings saved in 2010, not normally a problem as I am working in the latest version. however for some reason I am unable to open any of them. They start to open as if everything is normal then I get sent to the autocad homepage.

if any one could help that would be great. thank you

Where did you get the drawings from?

Have you contacted the person who sent you the drawings and told him/her of the problem?

One option: attach a copy of one of the DWG files to your next post and someone here will try opening it on their computer.

If you are now using AutoCAD 2015 you should probably change your profile to reflect the new information.

I've tried both. It seems that I can only open then drawing in the version it is saved in.

I'm now working on the drawing in autocad 2012 whilst it's not a problem, it's not ideal.

That's very strange. I can't think of any reason why a drawing could be opened in 2012, but not 2015?

Have you tried running an AUDIT on the drawing while you have it open in 2012? Maybe there is some error in the file database that 2015 doesn't like?