Simple Drawing

Bytore

Hello everyone. I'm new to Cad drawing, but I've been in the Graphic Design industry since the early 90's. I have a client that has asked me to do some simple CAD work for them. They routinely get hand drawn drawings that they want re-drawn in AutoCad. Does anyone know of a tutorial out there that can show me how to re-draw a simple drawing like the one attached... from start to finish? Thanks.

cad.jpg

Basically it's just lines. Depending on how you do it the commands used might be Line, Copy, Offset, Erase, Trim, Mirror, MText and MultiLeader. Will you be dimensioning it too? Another option would be to start with the Rectangle command and use the Dimension option. Note however that the rectangle will be a single continuous polyline and not four separate lines.

I would suggest look at the tutorials here at CADTutor then follow that up by visiting the mycadsite.com website and going through the tutorials there.

I would also suggest you create separate layers (with different colors) for your object, centerline, text and dimensions. Please, please, please do NOT put everything on layer 0 color white and draw it all FULL size don't attempt to scale it as one might do on a drafting board.

Oops, one other thing. Read up on the use of OSnaps and Orthomode and make use of both features. You can find them described in your AutoCAD Help file.

BTW...how is the o-ring groove being located? I think some information is missing don't you? I don't think it is shown correctly either.

A quick and dirty sketch I threw together as a sample.

SimpleCADSketch.jpg

Edited by ReMark