How can i convert a big file (40mb+) of anon blocks and parallel lines to hatches?

Gotrekk

Hi again,

slightly different problem this time... i have this huge old file made of anonymous blocks and parallels instead of hatches... is there an easy way to convert all of them to separate hatches?

i attached a part of the file to give an idea...i'd like to go from "a" to "b"

thanks in advance

regards

CED_WIP.dwg

Looking at it not easy you need to make boundary plines so you can hatch, as a first guess 1 problem you need to work out the corners as the lines do not actually go to the corner, I would approach it by using a fence selection option to make say two lines then join them and continue around the selected line work similar for the islands. Sorry no code but someone may have something.

ScreenShot025.jpg

Just drawing a few lines as a test was difficult found very small corners not obvious so doing manually could still give errors. It may be better to go back a step where did the original dwg come from. Try to get a better original. A small lisp pick two ends pick two ends then fillet maybe.

How many of these do you get or is this a 1 off.

Maybe you should talk to someone at the other end about what they are sending you in the first place or double the rate you are charging them for all the trouble they are putting you through.