How to curve an 3d object around arc in autocad ?

wael elsafty

Hello,

HOW TO CURVE AN 3D OBJECT AROUND ARC IN AUTOCAD ?

i have an abject and need to curve it or bend it around an arc or circle

please check the attached photo .

all i need how i can bend the upper object to take the same arc radius of the lower arc?

i used autocad 2014 ,so please help me to know the steps

Thank you

cad.PNG

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wael elsafty

• ReMark

• BKT

• scj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First rotate the profile into the correct position or you won't get the result you are looking for.

I suggest you attach a copy of the DWG file to your next post so we can have a first hand look at what you are working with.

SweptAway.jpg

Sorry but I don't have all day to wait for a reply or a copy of your drawing.

This is a rough example, loosely based on your profile, of one solution.

Got to go now I'm late for dinner. Good luck.

Are you trying to wrap that pattern around the face of a cylinder? If so, you might want to look up information on the IMPRINT command to see if that would work for you.

What are you trying to create with this? It might help to know what your goal is with this project.

I think the next step would be to see if you can use the IMPRINT function to solve your problem. Use AutoCAD help or do a Google search on IMPRINT.

Here is a screenshot of your pattern I made into a 3D Solid and your circle into a cylinder. This is what I got using IMPRINT. It's not the same as actually wrapping the pattern, so you would have to decide if the result would work for your requirements.

imprinting.jpg

Keep in mind that the imprint pattern you see is a PROJECTION of your curve pattern and not an actual wrap. If that works for you, this method might give you something to work with. In the end, it all depends on what you are going to do with the resulting model or file.

Have you investigated the IMPRINT command? I really think you need to see if this will do what you need for your project.

thank you so much Mr. BKT ,really it is wha t i need to do but in more accurate method yes i need to do that ,so how i can to get more and more accurate results ,and i will check the IMPRINT command now ,

i just need to attach this pattern to this arc then array

I hope I did not lead you in the wrong direction about imprinting. Do you just need to array the pattern around the arc? If that's the case, a simple array command using polar would be all that is needed.

I hope I did not lead you in the wrong direction about imprinting. Do you just need to array the pattern around the arc? If that's the case, a simple array command using polar would be all that is needed.

no the second step is array but curved the pattern first