How to curve an 3d object around arc in autocad ?

wael elsafty

Make it an image and attach it as a material.

That might work . . . IF . . . Autocad had displacement mapping. But even still, it would be difficult to create a displacement map that would extrude the geometry out from the ring as shown in the image below. By the way, if this image would have been provided in the first post it would have saved everyone a lot of time posting advice that was not relevant to the question. ;)

For doing this type of work I would wholeheartedly recommend using ZBrush. Take a look at this video:

ring.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• wael elsafty

• ReMark

• BKT

• scj

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That might work . . . IF . . . Autocad had displacement mapping. But even still, it would be difficult to create a displacement map that would extrude the geometry out from the ring as shown in the image below. By the way, if this image would have been provided in the first post it would have saved everyone a lot of time posting advice that was not relevant to the question. ;)

For doing this type of work I would wholeheartedly recommend using ZBrush. Take a look at this video:

yes there are many soft ware can be crate this ring easy but i need to do that using autocad ,thanks for help mr.Cad64

Suppose (and hope), the attachement will meet your wishes.

I'm doint the IMPRINT-Project for http://www.ant-ares.de and it is not finished yet.

In case of interest contact me.

Regards

Jochen

Mr.scj

you are genuis .yes the file you attched is meet my requirment ,it is exactly my needed please tell me how you do that in detailed steps

thank you

hello ,

the next step i need to do is how to loft the curved 3d surface after imprent it and explod it

please help i need to loft it now

thanks

Hello my Fiends

I need to Wrapping LOFTED pattern OVER a cylinder in autocad 2014

please check the attached photo for this case.

I need any technique to do this step ,so please help me .

Thanks in advance

LOFT CASE.jpg

AutoCAD does not include functionality that morphs 3D objects in the manner you describe. The best you could do it to model the applique based on cross sections and guide rails that conform to the cylinder.

You made the loft using guide curves that were flat. They need a curve that bend at the desired radius. The cross sections also need to be rotated to stay perpendicular to the cylinders surface.

Without a doubt this is complex stuff. Quite frankly, AutoCAD is not the best tool for the job. You would be much better off using a surface modeler, such as the rhino program you have already alluded to. Download the trial version and use their advanced deformation tools. The geometry can then be re-imported into AutoCAD if needed.

You made the loft using guide curves that were flat. They need a curve that bend at the desired radius. The cross sections also need to be rotated to stay perpendicular to the cylinders surface.

Without a doubt this is complex stuff. Quite frankly, AutoCAD is not the best tool for the job. You would be much better off using a surface modeler, such as the rhino program you have already alluded to. Download the trial version and use their advanced deformation tools. The geometry can then be re-imported into AutoCAD if needed.

Thank you very much for great support and ideal opinion ,

Yes many people use rhino to this job. but , i tried to use autocad,because i believe that you don't need more and more cad softwares,just only one may be enough,but it seem, you have to learn more tool to act you job in easy way.

My great regards

THIS IS MY FIRST AND SAMPLE WORK

i have done my require just now,please review and feedback me if any technical issue.AND MANY THANKS FOR ANYONE HELP AND SUPPORT ME

BEST REGARDS FOR ALL

WAEL ELSAFTY

my first and sample work.jpg

Edited by wael elsafty

THIS IS MY FIRST AND SAMPLE WORK

i have done my require just now,please review and feedback me if any technical issue.AND MANY THANKS FOR ANYONE HELP AND SUPPORT ME

BEST REGARDS FOR ALL

WAEL ELSAFTY

my first and sample work.jpg

Edited by wael elsafty

im sorry for duplicate posts ,but i tried to do the case ans i posted it to now if any error ,so please feedbaack and suggested other solutions,i hvae curved the pattern first and arrayed it ,hope get new method or ways to act.

thanks for all

LoftedObject.JPG

Shouldn't these objects be curved the same as the main ring? They look straight to me like a dog bone or a dumbbell that's been stuck to the circumference of the ring.

There is really a way to do it, but it is time- and ressource-consuming (for my computer ;-)).

1. Create the cylinder and an arc on its surface - having the same length as the object to bend.

2. Slice the object into slices to get a "good fitted model ".

3. Create cross-section from the slices pieces.

4. Locate them on the arc using 3DALIGN.

5. Use LOFT using the located cross-sections and the arc as guide line.

This are only the main steps. You have to transform Splines into Polys on the way and some more trouble...

Good luck

Jochen

wael.JPG

wael_4.dwg