Starting AutoCad 2013

doncwe

I'm sorry if I'm asking an obvious question, but I can't find the answer. When I start AutoCad it goes to Drawing 1.dwg of which I have close to a blank screen and re-open the file I want to work on. Is it possible to have AC open to the blank screen or the last file I was working on. Either option would be good.

Regards

Don Wensrich

Courtesy of forum member rkent:

Change the variable STARTUP to 1.

Courtesy of forum member rkmcswain:

.... even if you startup AutoCAD and "drawing1.dwg" opens, it will close as soon as you open another drawing, provided DBMOD=0 in "drawing1.dwg".

Edited by ReMark

This is a work around save the example to notepad and save as cross.bat to a simple location like c:\temp, then just got to CMD lower left and type c:\temp\cross it will start Autocad and open the cross dwg. You must use " if the path or name has spaces in it. You could paste also as a shortcut to the desktop.

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\acad.exe" c:\temp\cross.dwg

or if you want to enter dwg name note must be full path eg cross c:\projects\dwg32

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013\acad.exe" %1