How to draw an arc tangent to another arc?

junehe

Hey, I am tracing a curvy 2D shape using arc function. I want the outline of the shape very smooth. I would like to know how do I draw arcs that can be tangent to each other so eventually I can get this shape very smooth and nice. Thank you very much!

Thanks! But sometimes the next arc does not pick the last point as the beginning location. That bothers me a lot. How do I change that?

If you are using the arc command immediately after having used the arc command then they will always be touching end to end. Are you talking about coming back later to add another arc? If so then draw an arc over an existing one, then use the enter enter, pick point, etc. Erase the first arc.

I've always done this by drawing circles tangential to each other, then rotating them into position, and finishing up with some trimming.

That's a good method! Thanks!

I believe you can start the polyline command, type "a" then "enter" to switch to arc. Now as you draw consecutive arcs they should be tangential to each other.