Automation/Macros in drawings, templates, and part making

andar424

Hey guys,

Just curious and looking for suggestions, but like the title says, what kind of automation or macros do you guys like to run in your Inventor?

For example, we tend to have to send pdf's of part prints instead of actual Inventor or CAD formats to manufacturers for release or what not. So, in the drawing template there is a rule that runs and creates (if one doesn't exist) or resaves (if it does exist) a pdf file every time you save. And as always, I like to hit save a bunch so I lose as little info as possible if my computer crashes or Inventor does. As long as you have the option to not preview the file after it is exported/saved, it doesn't slow your saving down too much.

Other than that really, I don't have much else. I've thought of a few I might like to add or research how to do myself through macros and VBA, but can't seem to find the down time to work on it much.

Any other little tools/add-ons you like to run with your Inventor?