Roundabout Corridor & Surface Anomolies

gman1979

Hi,

I'm using the Vehicle Tracking wizard to produce a roundabout geometric design (which generates the roundabout crowns to the Stockdale method). I have followed the numerous tutorials for this which include the generation of the corridor and then surface for the roundabout.

The roundabout geometry is created from the previously designed horizontal alignments and vertical profiles.

The issue I am continually experiencing in exaggerated undulation in the surface & subsequent crown profiles as they are draped over the generated surface. I have no idea why or how these are being generated this way. I have searched online and emailed various Autodesk webcast presenters asking for guidance to no avail.

If anyone on here could offer any guidance it would be greatly appreciated. I have attached a PDF showing the results of my corridor & surface which illustrate the effect i am describing.

Thanks

in advance

Gman1979

Windows 7 pr 64-bit

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015

Vehicle Tracking 2015

8GB Ram

Intel Core i7

Roundabout Surface Errors.pdf

I have had the same issue using the Intersection Wizard.

Never could figure out what caused it so I ended up just changing the Tin by hand.

Mainly by deleting the points it was inserting at higher elevations and creating new tin lines.

I know that's not much help - sorry:)