Problem with creating flat pattern; What is wrong JD?

MKR

I have gone back and read the majority of the threads before posting this question to see if I could find the answer. I have pretty much attempted everything talked about. Any help would be much appreciated.

Alright, my sketches are fully constrained. I have fillets everywhere and I don't believe there are any missing. I extruded the drawings to intersect with one another and then I shelled the part to a .130" material thickness. I saved this part and opened a new drawing and derived component as a surface body. I then deleted the unwanted faces and thickened the inside remaining face to a thickness of .130". Then I go to the sheetmetal tools and select create flat pattern and nothing flattens. I can not figure out what is wrong with the part and where I have gone wrong. I have now redrawn the part multiple times and I am still getting the same results. MWarr flat top rail.ipt

MWarr chevy truck rail.ipt

Okay, so I am only experiencing this on the top piece. I keep getting this message only on this one side " Part22: Errors occurred during update

Part22 (Flat Pattern): Errors occurred during update

Definition1: Could not build this ASMFlatPattern

Could not split between bend and plate. Please check if there is a relief gap so the bend can be deformed.

Could not split between bend and plate. Please check if there is a relief gap so the bend can be deformed."

Why is this and how do I correct it?

Change your Sheet Metal Thickness to .13 instead of the default .12 ... Sheet Metal values do not automatically derive into the new parts as new defaults.

2015-02-17_21-12-30.jpg

Thanks for the reply Mark, but I did do that; not in the above attached files. After changing the sheet metal defaults I came up with the error I mentioned in my 2nd posting on this page.

Perhaps its something in 2012 then. I got it to work just fine in 2015. Have you put in all your service packs? Do you have Subscription to allow you to upgrade?

Mark, I went back through this morning and redid that one part and flattened it out just fine. Absolutely no issues! I don't get it; all of a sudden it works perfectly and nothing has changed. Thanks for your help.