Load custom profile at startup

Pizzaddict

We are switching from ACAD 10 to 15. For some reason I can't get 15 to automatically load my custom profile. I've imported it and set it to current but when I restart autocad it goes back to the default acad profile. Everywhere I've read online says you need to create a custom shortcut with a /p switch to load a custom profile from startup. I have never had to do this before. In the past ACAD has just defaulted to the last profile I used. What am I missing here? Is this a feature that was removed in newer versions of ACAD?

Matt Kolberg said this at the AutoCAD Discussion Groups. "The purpose of the ARG is not to transfer your settings to a newer version, but to have a backup for the same version. Also so you can restore settings easily or to transfer to another computer."

Ok so do I take your response to mean the issues we are having is because we are loading an arg from an older version and if we just create an updated 2015 arg everything should work fine?

Our steps open Autocad as normal, load ARG, set profile to new profile required, close Autocad.

Now copy the desktop icon and paste to desktop, click once and go to properties on end is /p, eg /p > change to /p myprofilename and save, select this icon, should now work, we remove original icon from desktop and store safely so only 1 choice.