Recover a Drawing File

thomashubba19

I have a .dwg file that i can not open.

I opend Autocad and did a recover and

still can not access the Drawing File.

The system does not have a saved file

How can I recover the bad .dwg file.????

Is there a .bak that isn't too old, that may be your easiest option, did your system crash? there may be an automatic backup file if you have that option enabled, look at the support path for automatic backups which should be listed under - options - files - automatic save file location - probably something like C:Users\username\Appdata\Local\Temp\Filename.sv$

I have a .dwg file that i can not open.

I opend Autocad and did a recover and

still can not access the Drawing File.

The system does not have a saved file

How can I recover the bad .dwg file.????

Are you trying to open the generated xxxxxxxxxRECOVER.dwg?

ReMark, doesn't this question seem very familiar? A guy with a file that's damaged and can't be recovered? It seems that this question, or a variation of it, is being posted quite a lot on every CAD forum lately. I'm waiting for RichardPark to show up. :roll:

Yes; getting the same questions, from the same guy(s), using the same usernames, over at cadeverything; they're just advertising their recovery software.

This one makes it the fourth time in the last few months.

The recovery software is pushed in the trumped up "response" which comes later and usually written by the same person. I've seen it at a couple of other websites.

You can try one of the various file recovery softwares to see if it turns up anything recently deleted. After that you should get in the habit of keeping backups. If it's an issue of corruption, it's unlikely that you will be able to do anything.

The similar question was discussed here: http://autocadtips.wordpress.com/2012/10/17/recover-a-drawing/