Editing Block attributes with Conditions

fssfireinc

Hello,

I am inserting a block into my drawing called vp_block. The block can be inserted anywhere from 6 up to 1000 times in a drawing. There are two tags associated with the block they are Pipe and Direction.

When we currently insert a vp_block Pipe is given a letter for the value it increases by a letter every time inserted. Direction is given the same letter but also contains 2 numbers Example being A,1,2 then on the drawing there is an A,2,1 This dictates the direction.

I am looking to see if its possible to use VBA to condition tag Direction to know if the first number is bigger or smaller then the second number. And based on that it would update the PIPE tag with "UP - 9feet" or "Down 9- Feet" based on the condition.

Thanks Chris

• 1 month later...

hi

1. Im sure you can do all you want - just depends how clear you describe your problem

Means Tag a Attribute or a dynamic Property ?

Is theblock placed by hand or by routines ?

Can the block be placed by routines (e.g. Excel sheet etc)

Is there a example dwg ?

So if you want help dont be so greedy with informations

it takes time to track down a problem so be so kind and take also time to describe it carefully.

best regards