convert shape to polyline???

hamidciv

hi dear all

i have one spillway that consistent of spline and oval, i want it convert to volume but unfortunately this shape converted to spline with command join or boundary and when i that extruded, that converted to surface, i dont change spline to other

Thing like : arc, ... , and only should this shape do convert to ployline.

please help me.

thanks

2015-02-18_231307.jpg

Edited by hamidciv

Command PEDIT, then enter M (multiple) select all entities you want to convert. It will ask if you want to convert, the default is Y. hit enter. Then select CLOSE. It will ask for a fuzz distance, give it about 0.10, then you have a joined, closed polyline.

BOUNDARY command should do it, especially if you choose to create a REGION rather than Polyline. Extruding a Region will guarantee you'll get a Solid rather than a Surface.

Also, you may be able to do it all in one step with PRESSPULL command

DEAR FRIENDS

:(I ALREADY USING ALL METHODS THAT YOUR EXpRESSED, Unfortunately does not answer, I PUT DWG FILE , IF YOUR POSSIBLE PLEASE EXAM IT.

THANKS A LOT

Edited by hamidciv

I had no trouble using BOUNDARY to create a REGION, which then EXTRUDEd without issue.

PRESSPULL was a bit sensitive about the viewing angle, but it too EXTRUDEd a Solid after Orbiting to a slightly different view.

Extrude-Region.gif

PRESSPULL.gif

dear nestly, thanks for spending time for me, Below is my original model,I thought my main problem is spline, unfortunately below shape, None of these above methods will not work.

problem.dwg

SplineExtruded.jpg

Is this the result that you are trying to achieve? Note: the profile was converted to a polyline as per the title of this thread.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Why do you assign the same color to all your layers?

2. Did you know that parts of the profile are duplicates? Refer to the image below.

3. Two of your splines appear to be straight segments. Why didn't you use a single polyline instead?

ProblemsWithProblemDwg.jpg

You have four layers: 0, LEVEL1, LEVEL2, and LEVEL3. All four layers use the color white.

For the sake of clarity in the above image I assigned the color red to LEVEL1, yellow to LEVEL2 and green to LEVEL3.

Note:

There are six objects on layer 0. Two are polylines, three are lines; one is an arc.

There is one spline on LEVEL1.

There are three splines on LEVEL2. Sorry, the color yellow does not show up well in the image. Objects are between the green and red splines.

There is one spline on LEVEL3.

Why are there five splines on three different levels?

I don't understand why you do this. Could you enlighten us please?

Edited by ReMark

dear remark, colors and layers not important for me, this is one 2d object that i have file, i should drawing 3d object using 2d object, if i instead spline with polyline, slope changed and my object is not correct, object your drawing is my mean if it exactly same object my sent without change, dear remark if exactly drawed object upon my file, please Explain for me.

thanks a lot