space bar was once enter

mvrcad

Hi all, im not really a beginner, but ive had a 2 year break from autoCAD and just checking out 2015 to get some practice while looking for work.

one isue i have, and i know its going to be a simple answer, but back in my day i used the space bar as the enter key. now when i hit space bar, it does somethine else.

for example, i want to fillet two lines, if the fillet has already been set to 50mm and i want it to be 10mm i would go F space R space 10 then click the objects.

now i have to use the enter key instead which is much slower.

does anyone know how to change it back please?

hi Remark, long time no see

i must have some setting different to you then, have you tried doing a fillet? and using space as the enter key?

when i hit space bar

this is what happens

f (for fillet)

Select first object or [undo/Polyline/Radius/Trim/Multiple]:

R (for radius) but up pops suggestions for all the commands starting with R

a if hitting space has done the same as hitting the escape key

Yes, I did test it with the fillet command. Twice. Make that three times. Just tested again using the spacebar instead of the Enter key after invoking the command, after typing "R" for radius and after typing in a new radius. Used it three times in a row.

hi guys, and thanks again Remark

i found a solution to the problem here

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-general/command-line-space-bar-problem/td-p/4448713

I did a little digging and found a similar thread in the AutoCAD forum from last year (AutoCAD 2013). I'm wondering if the solution may be the same. Here are the suggestions that seemed to work for other users:

-If the command line is not docked, try docking it. Does this help

so docking the command line seems to have worked

hi remark, pickfirst was set to 1, command line was floating, now docked.

now its working fine.

everything is set up as autocad comes out of the box, i am just running the trial version getting my bearings back before i get back into CAD again.

unfortunately the mining boom is over in Australia and many Cad draftsmen like myself are working as taxi drivers, parking inspectors and Gigilos until things pick up again