3D round object fail

drmdevalence

Hi all. Im currently working on AutoCAD Architecture 2010. I am modeling a chair out of round tubing. On the chair thee are multiple small pins with a hole in and rounded top. afte i save and close the drawing, when i re open the drawing most of the rounde pins have turned into small square blocks. Even previous drawing have the same error. Any sugestions.

Thank you

Wecome to Cadtutor

Are you using any special ACA objects, or only using core 3D tools and commands? Have you tried REGEN and or viewing with a different visual stye after the objects seem to change shape?

A before and after screenshot would be helpful, as would a sample drawing with the object(s) you're having trouble with.

Hello All. So the tubing is an extrusion i did along a polyline.

The Smal pin had been revolved and then a hole subtracted from the revolved pin. The disaster image shows what happens. It first happend after i mailed the drawing to myself to work from home. Then i redrew the chair, and saved as another drawing. On opening the next day this is what i was left with.

thanks

DISASTER.jpg

ORIGINAL.jpg

If you attach a sample drawing, we can test with multiple versions of AutoCAD to see if it's an object handling issue, otherwise I have no idea. If it continues to happen, perhaps turn the "pin" into a Block.

No problems here with your drawing. Saved it out under another name after running the -PURGE and AUDIT commands on it then opened the drawing and still no problems.

How did you place those solids, it looks as though possibly you may have used the measure or divide command to place blocks and then exploded the blocks ? Is it possible that another block definition got mixed into the drawing.

I think there's just something in the way the pins were created that's confusing AutoCAD (may or may not be version specific). If you display the Solid History (SHOWHIST=2) the box appears to be a bounding box around the cylinder that was pushed through the REVOLVE.

Bounding Box.gif