Drg File Size Balloonon

WERDNA

Hi,

I am having trouble with Auto cad files, when I open a file and start to work on it, then copy details into model space the file size balloons, I have attached the file prior to being worked on, as well as the file once it has ballooned in size. (turns out I cant upload the problem file,it has ballooned to 33000kb which maybe exceeds your limit?).

Help would be appreciated as this is slowing my cad down a lot! :?[ATTACH]53011[/ATTACH]

The attachment is invalid.

Check what linetypes have been loaded for the presence of any from Microstation. They should bear the letters dgn somewhere in name.

Hi,

There seems to be an issue office wide with file bloating, our IT support are trying to help out, but we are a remote office so it is painfully slow, we are trying to carry out a DGN Purge Hotfix, so the problem is being addressed.

Thanks for your responses.

I would take one representative drawing and also do the following. Repeat as necessary.

1) Run OVERKILL.

2) Run -PURGE and purge all Regapps.

2) Run -PURGE and do a purge > ALL.

3) Run AUDIT and instruct AutoCAD to fix all database errors.

Zoom > Extents.

Save.

Close drawing.

Check file size.

Reopen drawing.

Repeat above sequence items 1 through 3 then save.

Check file size.

Hi Werdna,

Are you running any add-on programs with ACAD? We had an issue with growing file sizes with ProSteel. It turned out that there was a single ProSteel dictionary within the drawings that couldn't be cleaned out with an ACAD purge. Had to be removed with some ProSteel code.