Command line wont accept input if an object is selected and cursor is over the object

bh_ONE

Has anyone had the issue of your command line not working if you have a p-line/object selected and your cursor is over the same object? sometimes this will cause the object to adjust after you try to start a command, but the command won't start. I just get a beep signaling an error, but no message. Does anyone know of a setting to fix this annoying issue?

You have a polyline. It's been selected which means the line is highlighted and the grips are visible. Your cursor hovers over the polyline so you are forced to type a command and that's when this beeping may or may not occur? How long has this been going on?

since i installed 2015. Its not a huge issue, it just would be nice if my commands would override my cursor position. so are you thinking it i more of just pay more attention to where my cursor is when i start a command or do you know of a fix?

By default, if you're hovering a polyline grip, the Multifunctional Grip menu will be active. If the Grip menu is active, Command line won't accept input.

Gripmultifunctional.gif