Electrical
    Kemphas's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Controls System
    Discipline
    Electrical
    Using
    Electrical 2015

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

Sometimes using a Excel file makes sense. I recently started using ACADE and have found it very difficult to integrate the report building BOM's in my current project and ultimately abandoned it.

I have in the interum been building our components lists into a company MDB catalog.

Regardless when I start using ACADE's built in reports tool I will still be using external referenced excel files to some extent. For example my first ACADE project had some 40 panels, 20 of these panels were identical J-Boxes and making one BOM with a datalink made sense instead of running the report 20 times.

Using
    Electrical 2013

From a properly setup drawing set you can run reports and also create an excel file, since as you say you are new to ACADE I would expect you to have trouble setting it up. That said are you able to contact your local Autodesk dealer and get help?

The most efficient way is to let ACADE generate as much as possible to eliminate as much human error as possible.

Discipline
    Electrical
    Kemphas's Discipline Details
    Occupation
    Controls System
    Discipline
    Electrical
    Using
    Electrical 2015

Registered forum members do not see this ad.

I have contacted Autodesk Support, and they are more incompetent then people on this forum to be honest.

The program is quite on the edge of being soooooo good and yet it falls short far too many times.

For example cable conductor lists, my industry does not utilize cables with unique identifiers for each conductor it utilizes pairs for example a 24pair triad cable would have 24 different red, black, and white conductors... I utlimately abandoned the idea that each conductor in the multi-paired cable would be identified as the cable and replaced the unique identification intended for conductor color with "pair 1" "pair 2", i then custom made blocks to display this. This has ultimately been a compromise but has worked well in ACADE's shortcomings.

Now here is the problem, when you assign a conductor to a parent, you get a list of conductors already used... THIS LIST IS AWESOME!!!! AS IT WILL IDENTIFY SPARE QTY's.... but the cable reporting tool does not give a Utilized / Un-utilized number so now your back to doing it manually... All it gives is the name, and part number of the cable.... IT HAS THE INFO... But I CANNOT HAVE IT...

Frustrating to say the least.