Custom Sketch Shapes

cadvance

Aloha,

Anyone know if it is possible to create custom "Sketch Shapes" (ae: Two Point Rectangle)?

I am "freelance" designer so i work with multiple companies, that require different design process and/or modeling. When working on a project that utilizes Skeletal Modeling, I get tired of drawing out angle iron, i-beam, slots (when using 2013 & earlier) so creating a custom shape would be ideal. I really thought it would be easier than this. I have created an iFeature that works pretty well, but I have to then make sure the company I am doing work for understands how to modify the sketches in the future. I have scoured the internet searching for a solution and cant find ANYTHING close.

To be clear of what i am wanting... I want be in part file, create 2d sketch, click "2 point angle" and then be able to draw it basically like a rectangle using the 2 points. or 3 points to create a rotation or even thickness.

Have you looked into Sketch Blocks or Content Center?

Mark,

I have... but the iFeature is definitely closer to what i'm looking for than blocks. blocks get too cumbersome and extensive, while the iFeature is user input for desired size.

also, I'm not looking for parts, only sketch of a part to use in the master skeleton.

thanks for your input though.