UE4 is now Free!

Cad64

Yeah... there's a lot of people in the Revit community that's been using the UE4 to port their models directly into it as an EXE for VR and real-time walkthrough's with amazing results. YouTube searches yield a lot of examples.

I just think it's neat that you can send building owners an *.EXE file of their building, using the WASD+Mouse controls to walk through their soon-to-be building, with little effort on the designer's side. At my last company, our resident Revit guru from our Sacramento office did this for a presentation and we were awarded the job because of it.

Same here. It would be great to hand over that file to the client and let them explore the project on their own rather then just sending them still images or predefined video walkthrough's.

Same here. It would be great to hand over that file to the client and let them explore the project on their own rather then just sending them still images or predefined video walkthrough's.
I agree. Here is our latest video that we did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWTXIrIqZIM

That's our Texas Tech Revit model (minus the animated people), and it's about 75% complete in this video. We did that for the client but the inevitability of the visualization industry, "scope creep" set in and they wanted all these other paths, and views, etc. This is where the *.EXE of their building would really come into play, and the graphics would even be better if everything ported over correctly.

Watching tutorials today. Trying to work out how to get my existing models optimized and set up for importing into UE4. This engine is really powerful. There is so much to learn. :huh: