How to Install of my AUTOCAD LT 2009 in window 8.1 OS

I have licenced version of AUTOCAD 2009. It was working on win Xp now, on account of discontinuance of XP support. I changed my old computer with a laptop. I am a retired person will you kindly help how can I run my AUTOCAD LT 2009 in window 8.1.

I contacted AUtodesk but came to know they do not support 2009 version

Can I not use my old product?

Will pl. help me

regards

AutoCAD LT or full AutoCAD? Please confirm which one you have.

If you really want to run 2009 in Win 8.1 then you might want to take a look at Longbow software. See this...http://www.longbowsoftware.com/Tips_and_Tricks.php

If you are running LT and not full AutoCAD you might want to consider switching to an AutoCAD clone called Draftsight by Dassault Systemes makers of Solidworks. The 2D CAD program is FREE along with a Getting Started guide. Draftsight reads and writes to the DWG file format (it's either the 2010 or 2013 version). And it is FREE! Comes in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions.

As a last resort and if you still have your windows XP disks install a programme like Virtual box https://www.virtualbox.org/ (I hear there are better ones available free) install windows XP and install and run LT in the virtual box.

Personally I'd go to the hassle of doing this rather than downloading Draftsight, as although undeniably brilliant for free it still pales in comparrison of any LTs past 2007 IMHO. You would loose amongst other things dynamic inputs, tool pallettes, design centre/er.

I only suggest this as I checked out longbow from ReMarks post and it is $200.

Oh and make sure that the virtual machine is not connected to the internet, then I don't think you would have any problems with viruses. Bear in mind that your computer will be running windows 8.1 and the virtual machine simultaneously so you would have to share the physical resources of your new computer.

Did autodesk mention that they now rent software on a monthly or annual basis? They call it desktop subscription and LT is a few hundred dollars (I'm in the UK so I get quotes in £) for the year or if you only need it for a couple of months pay for a couple of months. That way legal and up to date!

swapan:

What are the specs on your new laptop?

Do you currently use of these features: dynamic inputs, tool pallettes, design centre?

Edited by ReMark

Any of the above suggestions are better that trying to run 2009 LT straight on WIn 8.1. I speak from a failed experience. It will install. It will run. There are a LOT of weird things that go on though, mostly graphics. For instance, the Windows buttons for Min Max and Close, up in the right hand corner are visible, but they do not function. Regen does not regen everything, or even anything occasionally. Text will spontaneously become invisible, or appear somewhere else, not quite to scale, and regen does not always bring it back. Oh it will plot right where I left it, it just won't always display on the screen in the right place.

Menu bar menus will open and immediately close on one click, dynamic input, tool tips, selection preview, and polar tracking seem to take turns just stopping. I don't know what it's doing with graphics RAM, but it seems to forget where it left stuff in there.

That's why I now lease 2015 LT for $45.00 per month. It is so much better, at least for me than any of the last 5 releases, it is worth it to me, and it simply destroys Draftsight.