Installing C3D on a new PC: which files do I need to transfer for settings/configs

nrschmid

Can anyone give me a listing of all the files and file types I need? I first went to Options > File to get the default paths for a good chunk of them. However, other types of commands are spread out over the software. Main and partial cui/cuix are in the CUI interface, acad.pgp is only in Tools

Can anyone give me a listing of all the files and file types I need? I first went to Options > File to get the default paths for a good chunk of them. However, other types of commands are spread out over the software. Main and partial cui/cuix are in the CUI interface, acad.pgp is only in Tools

Maybe acad.lin if you did have special line pattern

and acad.pat if you did have special hatch patterns

materials can also be copied but i do not know the exact file name others can help you on that.

One can always copy them from notepad and paste them in the new ones by editing them and do a save it.

R

This takes us minumum of 1/2 hour to get perfect x 8 to do done many times,

1st old version CONFIG Profiles export this creates an ARG.

New Autocad start it up CONFIG Profiles, Import your saved ARG make it current profile, close Autocad

Copy your Autocad Icon back to desktop then right single Click new icon then Properties go to the end of the start line look for /p > change this to /p yourprofilename, we rename the prompt also to something shorter, save Icon etc

Move the old icon to c:\USERS\theusername so its not there and wrong icon gets selected DO NOT DELETE you may need it if some thing goes wrong.

Click on new Icon Autocad should start correctly

We use partial menus so load now

Rearrange all you toolbars etc

Maybe in CUI turn menus items on & off

Click on workspaces Bottom left little wagon wheel Click save as and enter your name and make sure its set as current.

Test if all done correct by closing EXIT, DONT USE RED X and click on Icon

Lastly use IMPORTSTYLES if you have not set the correct DWT in CONFIG FIles Template save as your new DWT, with 2016 we plan a complete 100% restart of our template.

Lastly this was manual steps I have some lisp shortcuts but there customised for us.

Note we have an ARG for each user so there toolbars etc are what they want.