Drawing area too small?

JollyJed

Hey guys,

I am currently using AutoCAD 2015 and want to draw a building that is 40mx18m but when i type in 40,000 and 18,000 is exceeds the maximum space given..

for example i scroll out as much as possible but i still cant see the ends of my lines.. how do i fix this? i have seen drawings done on cad of actual cities so surely i can do a building that is 40m wide!

Many thanks, Jed.

Enter the REGEN command on the command line and zoom out some more. Do that every time you come to your zoom out limits or if you want to make your circles round instead of a series of straight lines.

Also enter LIMITS on the command line and enter some realistic values for your drawing area, don't just accept the defaults. When you have done some adjusting of settings save the empty drawing as a template so that you don't have adjust the settings for each drawing. Try keeping a little cheat sheet with the settings you need, it will come in very handy.

As Tyke mentioned, the limits command sets the limits for the drawing area.

These limits are given in the drawing template you open when you start drawing. To prevent changing the limits every time you make a new drawing, open the drawing template (.dwt) file, thange the limits in that file and save it.

There is no longer a use for limits at all, since CPU's and RAM memory have developed to the point they have. Type LIMITS, down arrow, select OFF. Then forget LIMITS even exists.

Also, you were talking in meters and typing 40,000 units. Use the command -DWGUNITS to establish that your units are actually in millimeters, which will result in your line being 40 meters instead of 40,000 meters.

Contry to above ZOOM All will go to the limits you set v's Zoom E which will only go out to the actual object size. But I agree just start drawing and use Z E draw a line or a box if you really want a window to work in erase it later.