"Drawing Discarded"

gotchy

After having a small machine part digitized, and made into a dxf file, and when trying to view the digitized drawing, I get the following message: "Unknown value

AC1018 encountered in drawing version. Invalid or incomplete dxf input- drawing discarded".

If someone here has a clue to the solution to this problem, I would appreciate him/her sharing it with me.

gotchy

AC1018 refers to the drawing file format, so it appears that your dxf file was saved in 2004 format which your AutoCAD 2000 does not recognize. You would need the dxf saved in AutoCAD 2000 format which would be AC1015.

I deleted your other thread. Please don't post multiple threads asking the same question.

Well, other than the AC1018 version number, the rest of the error message is pretty vague. It just says there is an unknown value and the dxf input is invalid or incomplete. If I had to guess I would say there is some corruption in the file.

A quick search found this article: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Error-Invalid-or-incomplete-DXF-input-drawing-discarded.html. Take a look at method 2.

If you have access to MicroStation or some other non-Autodesk CAD software, try opening the DXF file there and then saving it as DWG. These 3rd party CAD systems are mostly not so sensitive as AutoCAD and will open the DXF.