Xref inventor models into autocad

Kdsprocet

I'm just starting to play with inventor. Is there a way to xref a inventor model back inside autocad overall architectural plan view. I design/ build casework and need to see how my models relate to the overall space and other subcontractors work.

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

I believe that if you click on the letter I in the upper left corner,

you can select EXPORT to DWG, to make your model autocad friendly,

but can't swear by it, as I have never done it. :|

Not exactly what you are asking about, as it isn't really xrefing,

but may be helpful.

Presumably you could then xref that file into your drawing.

Edited by Dadgad

No, no, no...

All you have to do is create an Inventor DWG of the model with the views you want.

Now in AutoCAD open Design Center and browse to the files, you will be able to place any views you created a Non-Exploxable blocks into your layout. No export needed and it stays linked to your Inventor model. When an update happens just go into Design Center again and refresh the block.

No, no, no...

All you have to do is create an Inventor DWG of the model with the views you want.

Now in AutoCAD open Design Center and browse to the files, you will be able to place any views you created a Non-Exploxable blocks into your layout. No export needed and it stays linked to your Inventor model. When an update happens just go into Design Center again and refresh the block.

I like that answer