A little funny...

HCb

I got a IGS or some such file from a third party for a part. I've been redoing all my parts in a project, including this part drawing. I needed to rotate the sketch based on the drawing I had gotten in the IGS file...but it ate most all of the constraints. I've spent waaayyy too much time trying to get the constraints back. I finally got it. Good practice.

But when I got to "Fully Constrained" there was still geometry which showed DOF. When I finally constrained it to the point of no DOF, the display in Inventor shows that I have -3 constraints needed.

HA. A little CAD humor. Inv 2012 Pro SP2.

--HC

Inv 2012 Funny.jpg

I would never ever make a sketch like this.

If you see any repetition (duplication, symmetry, whatever) you are doing too much work.

Get lazy!

JD, yeah, this sketch is crap. I thought it would be easy to use the artwork supplied by the manufacturer. I won't black out the site here telling you what I went through getting the sketch to be this good. It was awful. In retrospect, I should have just started from scratch and used the dimensions from this. I'm a blunt instrument at this stuff...so far. :) I'm improving. Per my quote of you, below, I'll do it better next time.

--HC