Just a Little Trim...

Netminder

I am trying to trim a piece of square tubing that butts into another piece of square tubing at an angle.

I have done this before in Inventor 13 Pro with no issues - but today...

When I go to 1) Design, 2) Frame, 3) Trim / Extend - the Trim / Extend window opens.

When I select the cursor in blue and move to select the part in the assembly I get a white cursor with a plus sign beneath. I am unable to select anything.

When I select the Face cursor, turning it blue, I can select the face I want to trim against but still cannot select a Frame Member.

Because I am unable to select a frame the Apply and Okay windows remain greyed out. Cancel is the only option.

I have followed the F1 instructions and still no trim.

Any ideas?

Do you have any picture?, Im imaging that you want to do some bevel to the square tube, if so, you may use a sweep.

You have to draw the bevel profile and then go arround your square tube, this tool is similar to an extrusion so you can add or remove material, the diference is that you can go arround a rail.

Dont know if it helps im trying to imaging your need

Thanks for your thoughts. I might have confused the issue by mentioning the angle requirement. My problem is that I want to use the very simple trim / extend (to fit) function but I am unable to because the order that I described above won't allow it. I know I must be doing something very simple wrong.

I am not able to send any drawings or photos from my work station.

Any other ideas? Anyone?

Thanks!