HELP with layers

walne2014

right im doing a drawing and i like to draw in same layer then change layer of multiple lines after to save time

normally i would just highlight the line and select the layer in the drop down box i want them to be on and it works but at the moment im having nothing but issues all of a sudden Autocad doesnt like this! keeps bringing up the layer manager on right hand side?! anybody help me on this one

pickfirst = 1

non/verb thing is selected

Also doesnt seem to like me matchprop at the moment always takes a few attempts and a few clicks so frustrating

HELP!

Autocad 2015!

Here is something simple you can try. Save your drawing. Close AutoCAD. Wait 20 seconds and reopen it. Test using the drawing you just saved or a new drawing. What happens?

Here is something simple you can try. Save your drawing. Close AutoCAD. Wait 20 seconds and reopen it. Test using the drawing you just saved or a new drawing. What happens?

done that a few times matey

It is somewhat unclear to me what the issue is. You are saying that instead of the drop down list of layers the full layer manager is opening? You say "the layer manager is coming up on the right hand side", can you clarify what is happening?

Matchprop - the command doesn't start immediately on the first pick, or it starts but then doesn't register the first pick, or...?

So you are trying to change the object layer by selecting it and change it from layer drop down list? You select object, but the layer list doesn't change to object layer. And when you try to change the layer the object layer doesn't change?

Something might be broken. I had this problem once because I run a registry cleaner app. Repairing AutoCAD installation should be able to fix it.

Can you change the layer using the properties box (Ctrl+1)?

IMHO, it is a mistake not drawing things on the correct layer as you go. You think you are saving time but you just waste that saved time when you go back to assign the correct layers, plus you may miss something.