How to plot all layouts at once?

Randolph

Hi all,

my problem is the following: I usually make drawings with several layouts. To plot the layouts (as PDF), I have to click on the first tab, right click plot, klick OK, save ... then repeat the same procedure with the next layout and so on. In the end, I have several 1-page PDFs that I have to combine in Adobe to a multi-page PDF. This is somewhat tiresome, especially as I usually have to plot several versions of each drawing.

Is there a way to call a command or Lisp routine like print all layouts at once and make 1 multi-page PDF out of them all in the order given?

Thank you for your support!

Randolph

Hi Randolph

Type PUBLISH into the command line. You may want to remove the model tab from the list. Select PDF from the printer list. When you have set everything just press PUBLISH button and sit back and have a coffee. An icon in the bottom right will tell you when it is complete.

A word of warning Publish will print for every tab in all open drawings so only have the required drawing open in Autocad.

Regards Graham

One could always select the first layout and use shift and select all others and once all selected use right mouse button and in the menu select publish selected layouts

R

BUT it still makes a lot of PDFs ... Can't find the Option for 1 PDF with multiple pages ... at least it's not single-sheet file ... ?

BUT it still makes a lot of PDFs ... Can't find the Option for 1 PDF with multiple pages ... at least it's not single-sheet file ... ?

Publish will generate 1 pdf and all sheets selected sheets should be assembled

Publish will generate 1 pdf and all sheets selected sheets should be assembled

Strangely, as it looks, it does not ...

PS: Does your motto mean something like "The early bird catches the worm"?

No motto in mind i just find strange that it does not work for you.

are the sheets preset or not? page setup was made or not?

Post the dwg i and others will help and try to pinpoint the problem and come up with the solution.

R

Hi

It prints all sheets to one PDF with my settings, as Robp requests post your dwg file and I/we will have a look

Graham

Edited by cadmando

There is a selection dropdown in Publish Options to make ONE multi-sheet file or a bunch of single sheet files. Open Publish options and fix it. Once you are in there, you can also select whether to include layer and block information in the pdf output. Selecting No for these two will greatly reduce the size of the plotted pdf file. There is usually no need for all that overhead data in the pdf. Unless the recipient specifically asks for it, leave it out.