2014 paper space /viewports in metric cant scale correctly !

eloid

Hello

Having some issue with AutoCAD 20014 scaling my view ports correctly my first metric drawing (drawn 1:1) Im try to create 1:100 scale viewport on 8"x10" paper ....

when I plot my paper space 1:1 I cant get the correct scale in the view port for 1:100 ??? what im I missing, ie... what should be my scale properties to achieve 1:100 scale in edit drawing scale menu

Ty

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dana W

• eloid

• ROBP

• ReMark

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Are you selecting the viewport and picking the scale to apply to the viewport? Exactly how are you applying the scale to the viewport? Can you attach the drawing to your next post here?

You shouldn't try to do metric on 8"x10" paper, it should be the appropriate size for metric which would be ~200x254. The relationship between MS and PS will never work out unless you are matching systems in both, either both imperial, or both metric (SI).

Are you selecting the viewport and picking the scale to apply to the viewport? Exactly how are you applying the scale to the viewport? Can you attach the drawing to your next post here?

attach file, I have tried selecting the viewport frame only ....also ....just clicking within model with out panning after changing the scale

im printing my paper space 1:1

test123.dwg

You shouldn't try to do metric on 8"x10" paper, it should be the appropriate size for metric which would be ~200x254. The relationship between MS and PS will never work out unless you are matching systems in both, either both imperial, or both metric (SI).
Wait. I should have asked about the units. What units are you drawing in?

It will only work if your dwg units are metric :shock:

I just looked at the drawing. Your dwgunits are inches and so are your paperspace units. The viewport scales are a ratio of ONE paperspace unit = NNN modelspace units. Since the drawing is only about 8" wide, why plot at 1" = 100"? 1:3 works fine One paperspace inch = 3 modelspace inches.

new to 2014 not 100% about the units?
Then that begs the question, are you in a metric or imperial country? If you are imperial (feet & inches) then see my prior post.

the part don't understand .... when making viewports for metric drawings..... im not clear how to edit the drawing scales for the scales I need 1:100, 1:200,1:300

I understand your point about using metric paper sizes... but still doesnt work?

are my scale properties correct? 1:3? in this drawing...

imperial drawing and scaling is more straight forward...lol

the part don't understand .... when making viewports for metric drawings..... im not clear how to edit the drawing scales for the scales I need 1:100, 1:200,1:300

I understand your point about using metric paper sizes... but still doesnt work?

are my scale properties correct? 1:3? in this drawing

Even if i cannot open the drawing maybe this could help step by step

I believe units set to decimal.... not sure how to check it 2014?... paper is metric

Dont care about the paper how big is the piece you are drawing?

20 meters crossection

piece is drawn in imperial because scale 1:25 it should not be small especially in an 8.5x11 sheet of paper piece will not fit the viewport a that scale