labeling contour shp file

scos

new to map, i have added a shp file with contours @ 10' is there a way for me to show and label them every 20' the range would be between 80' and 200'

right now all i have done is changed the rule to show only that range @ 10' and left off the rest

Couple questions first. Did you mapimport the shape file or use Data Connect?

If data connect (FDO) you can label in the style manager based on the elevation provided there's a field for elevations in the feature's table.

If mapimport was used and you created object data on the import you can label them with the mapannoblock tools.

Last question if you have Civil3D as your profile states while not create a surface and label them there?

I used data connect. I had labeled the contours in the style editor, but that labels every contour i only wanted to label every other contour.

I could do it in civil3d but i wanted to get more familiar with map

I used data connect. I had labeled the contours in the style editor, but that labels every contour i only wanted to label every other contour.

I could do it in civil3d but i wanted to get more familiar with map

With data connect you can create a theme based on the elevation and label just the ones you want.