Working on the outside of a cylinder

Cinpro

I'm still very green to using CAD in general, but I am picking it up pretty good for an old guy. I'm not sure how to ask the question for what I want to do. The picture will help a lot as I was able to do what I want once.

chamber.jpg

there are 10 chambers total one that has been rounded at the end (on top). I was able to do that by going to origin and changing my work plane. if I try it with the other chambers that are visible from that plane nat. they don't cut out correctly. I did most of this with simple sketches and extruding.

I read several posts that were close to what I'm trying to do, but none close enough to get me unstuck. thanks for your time

gatlig chamber 1.ipt

Have you installed all Service Packs and Updates for your version of Inventor? (Hint: The correct answer is no.)

You are doing too much work. Do not pattern sketch entities (in most cases), create one finished hole and pattern the feature instead of the sketch.

But the fast way for beginner at this stage is to simply Circular Pattern of Extrusion 6.

Circular Pattern.png