Multiple questions on parcel and line styles.

nrschmid

Assign different parcel styles based on parcel area

The following are

1. I am creating multiple lot parcels of different sizes in a subdivision from polylines. How do I assign different parcel and/or label styles to these newly-created parcels based on their area? For example, all parcels with an area of 8,000-8,999 SF use Parcel A style; all parcels with an area of 9,000 - 9,999 SF use Parcel B style. Is there such thing as a parcel "sub-style"? Would this be accomplished using an expression?

2. I need to dimension distances for side and rear lot lines, but not for the right-of-way at the front of the lot. So far, parcels and/or labels will label on all sides equally. Can the style or styles be re-configured, or do I have to explode those individual labels into blocks?

3. In a parcel acreages table I want to show the total acreage of the selected parcels. How do I do this directly in the style or styles?

4. In a boundary, I would like a single line style to be both line AND tag. For example, if the segment is too long to fit both bearing and distance on one line, I would like the style to show a tag for the segment instead? Can this be configured through the style itself? How can I do it manually? I am also creating a separate line table for these tags.

5. When I create parcels from objects and use line and curve segment label tools, I always have to use general line and curve styles under multipurpose labels, rather than parcel line and curve styles. To confuse things even more, the layout tab of most label style composers has a small drop down of other types of labels with more configurations. Let's say I am editing a general line label style, do I leave the curve label style and note label style alone?

6. Finally, is there a difference between having a label visible with no contents vs. not visible?

I know this is a lot, but I would be very grateful for any help. Thank you again!

Civil 3d 2013

I was going to guess that's what you were using. In the future please post Civil3D questions in the AutoCAD Vertical Products section under the Civil 3D & LDD forum. It just makes more sense. Thank you.

Or maybe a moderator will see your thread and move it. Up to you.

No, it is not up to him, just have a moderator move it, not supposed to double post.