Lost File Association with ACAD 2015 Mech in Windows 7 Machine

Bill Tillman

I just got a new computer which was previously being used by another employee who was running AutoCAD 2015 LT. They installed AutoCAD 2015 Mechanical on it for me and everything was fine until they needed the license for the LT product and came and removed it from this computer. Now all the file associations with DWG, LSP, etc files has been lost. I tried the usual things like right clicking on a DWG file and choosing ACAD.exe to run it and told it to always do this, but no good. I then tried using the Programs icon in the Control panel, but no good. The IT guys came over and tried similar efforts but I still end up with an incorrect file association. I then tried the old "Reset AutoCAD" option to re-instantiate the install like a new user was starting it and that too failed to achieve the desired results.