How do I create a 3D TV in AutoCAD?

Madruga_SP

Hi guys,

I'm working at a college work and I need to drawing a television.

I'm using autocad but I can't design in 3D and rendering.

So I'd like to asking for help.

I'll really happy if anybody could help me out.

Regards

Estudo de caso TV.dwg

TV.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Madruga_SP

• ReMark

• Cad64

• tzframpton

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this what you are looking for?

MadTV_1.jpg

You mention the word "render". Are you intending to apply a material to your 3D model and were you also looking to display an image on the TV screen?

By the way, "HELP" is not a very good title for a thread. It conveys no useful information. Help with what? Help.....why? A better thread title might have been "How do I draw a 3D TV in AutoCAD?" See the difference?

Edited by ReMark

Is this what you are looking for?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53384[/ATTACH]

You mention the word "render". Are you intending to apply a material to your 3D model and were you also looking to display an image on the TV screen?

By the way, "HELP" is not a very good title for a thread. It conveys no useful information. Help with what? Help.....why? A better thread title might have been "How do I draw a 3D TV in AutoCAD?" See the difference?

Thank you for the quickly replay ReMark,

I'd like to put material to looks realistic, but I have no idea how to do that, to be honest.

The televison looks very good!

Thread "HELP" I thought is a better way, because I can't design 3D in autocad.

And I thought better asking politely for help.

the matter is resistance of materials.

Descriptive thread titles would be very useful in the future. Please consider using them.

You don't know how to create a 3D model from your 2D profiles do you?

I can't possibly explain in detail how to apply materials to 3D models using AutoCAD 2012 in a way that would be informative to you. If you search here at CADTutor and over at the mycadsite.com you may come across some basic tutorials. Most good after-market AutoCAD books also cover the subject and I would think if you search You-Tube videos you may find video tutorials that cover the topic as well. Basically you have a couple of options. You can apply a material to an object or assign the material to a layer. You can use the standard materials that ship with AutoCAD, you can customize these materials to suit your needs or you can download or create your own materials. After materials are applied comes what I feel is the hard part and that is lights have to be inserted and positioned. You may also have to insert a background. Then and only then are you ready for the final step of rendering. This is a very brief and quite possibly incomplete description of the process.

The topic of rendering has been discussed here before so there are other threads you should have a look at.

Descriptive thread titles would be very useful in the future. Please consider using them.

I agree with you, sorry...

You don't know how to create a 3D model from your 2D profiles do you?

I can't possibly explain in detail how to apply materials to 3D models using AutoCAD 2012 in a way that would be informative to you. If you search here at CADTutor and over at the mycadsite.com you may come across some basic tutorials. Most good after-market AutoCAD books also cover the subject and I would think if you search You-Tube videos you may find video tutorials that cover the topic as well. Basically you have a couple of options. You can apply a material to an object or assign the material to a layer. You can use the standard materials that ship with AutoCAD, you can customize these materials to suit your needs or you can download or create your own materials. After materials are applied comes what I feel is the hard part and that is lights have to be inserted and positioned. You may also have to insert a background. Then and only then are you ready for the final step of rendering. This is a very brief and quite possibly incomplete description of the process.

The topic of rendering has been discussed here before so there are other threads you should have a look at.

I'd like to get a televison 3D in autocad to explain better my task in the college work.

It no need to be anything fancy, but I'd like to put a material to seems realistic.

Hi Cad64,

Thank you to change the title.

I'll try to render Remark's file.

By the way, you seems to be pretty good in 3ds Max. I was looking at 3ds Max forum :D

Regards

Hi Cad64,

Thank you to change the title.

I'll try to render Remark's file.

By the way, you seems to be pretty good in 3ds Max. I was looking at 3ds Max forum :D

Regards

You're welcome, and thank you for the compliment.

Have a look at those links I posted and you should be able to apply materials and render the TV. And if you get stuck, be sure to come back and we will help you get back on track.

You're welcome, and thank you for the compliment.

Have a look at those links I posted and you should be able to apply materials and render the TV. And if you get stuck, be sure to come back and we will help you get back on track.

Cad64,

Excellent tutorial!

I'm stuck because I'm not used to do that.

:cry:

I really need this to finish my college work.

All nighters are a common thing in college. But since you're in college, at least you have an instructor to help you out.

All nighters are a common thing in college. But since you're in college, at least you have an instructor to help you out.

Hi Tannar,

How are you?

So, I agree with you. But the drawing is a detail, and my instructor can't use autocad.

He will help me just the calculus.

Cad64,

Excellent tutorial!

I'm stuck because I'm not used to do that.

:cry:

Where are you stuck? ReMark gave you the basic model and I provided you with some good tutorials to follow for applying materials and rendering. You said it doesn't have to be fancy, so I think you should be able to finish the project pretty easily. :unsure:

Where are you stuck? ReMark gave you the basic model and I provided you with some good tutorials to follow for applying materials and rendering. You said it doesn't have to be fancy, so I think you should be able to finish the project pretty easily.

The things that I'm trying to do isn't working. But I'll try it later later...

Maybe he can't find the remote?:shock:

That was funny. lol

Thank you anyway