How to change variable for Leader & Arrow heads

Greetings

As you al know you can change the variable for the dimension line using Dimblk. Also Dimblk1 & DimBlk2 for each end f the dimension line. I trying to see if the there is a way that you can do the same with leaders. Have two different arrow heads by adding another leader. for example. When I have a structural detail and I wan to point to the rebar that goes the long way I used an arrow head and when the bar id just a dot I used an open circle. I can accomplish this by setting up two different styles but I would like to use just one style and just change the variable of the arrow heads if possible just like the dimension lines.

arrow heads.PNG

Unless you are trying to do this with code, you're making it more difficult than it needs to be. Use the properties box. Everything you've mentioned is right there and just a couple clicks away.

Welcome to CADTutor. :)

A LEADER is considered a sort of sub class of your DIMSTYLE,

so the default ARROW style in a regular QLEADER is defined by the DIMSTYLE arrow type.

You can click on a leader of course and specify a different Arrow type, for that specific one either in Quick Properties or Properties.

Once you have done that you can pretty quickly use the MATCHPROP command to select any you want to display similarly.

alternate leader arrow.jpg

@ wipo, what you're already doing is probably your best option. As far as I know, you can't have a single Leader/MLeader object with multiple leaders, each with their own arrowhead style... they would have to be two different Leaders/MLeaders. Example below is only one Mleader style, but one of the Mleaders has an arrowhead override applied through the Properties Palette.

Mleader arrowheads.gif

this is great but when you select add leader the second leader becomes a block with the first leader that was there. I guess in other to have different arrow head they have to be draw separated.

That is what Nestly said. Personally I use QLeader. It is just as easy to add leaders as it is in multileader, but they can have different heads.

this is great but when you select add leader the second leader becomes a block with the first leader that was there. I guess in other to have different arrow head they have to be draw separated.

it would be a nice to have that feature, but as far as I know, if you want different arrow heads, the leader lines can't be part of the same MLeader object.