Action Macros Won't Transfer

resullins

Quick breakdown of what's happening. I have a bunch of Action Macros that I've made that switch Tool Palettes. We have a separate TP for each of our manufacturers, that's been populated from our library. For example, when I type the command PCLEARCOM, it changes to the Clear Com TP with all their products on it.

Now, I have these macros saved to a Networked Drive that lives on my machine. Z:/Macros. Everyone else in my company has an identical drive, and the identical support paths in their AutoCAD. However, when these macros are copied to another guy's computer, they don't work. And AutoCAD doesn't say "Unknown Command," it just doesn't do anything. When I write an identical Action Macro on his computer, and save it to the exact same location, it works.

Does anyone have any idea why they wouldn't transfer?

Maybe the macros expect a certain setting (system variable) to be necessary in order to run?

In Options > Files > Action Recorder Settings which of the two available (default) locations is the path to your macros defined in?

Location of action macros. This is what AutoDesk has to say.

When you record an action macro, it is saved to the path defined by the system variable ACTRECPATH. For playback, paths are defined by the system variable ACTPATH.

Both sets of paths are used when loading and playing back an action macro. In the Action Recorder Settings node on the Files tab of the Options dialog box, you can set the paths used for both recording and reading action macro files.

I'm not sure how it could be a permission thing if the action macros that are made from his machine work fine.

And the paths are all set properly...

Grrrr.... drives me nuts.

You could do a test by creating a new action macro on this guy's machine (but saved to the network) then see if you can run the same macro on your machine.