Save As DXF R12

Dstojanoski

Hello,

I have problem with AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012, when I try to Save As (DXF R12/LT2 dxf (.dxf). When I choose to save in this Format, saving starts, and at the end of saving my AutoCAD crashes. I really need option to save in this format, because in that format I can Import documents to MapInfo 11.0

Anybody have problem with similar issue, how can I repair?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dstojanoski

• ReMark

• SLW210

• eldon

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dstojanoski:

It is not good form to hijack another person's thread. There is a sub-forum under AutoCAD Vertical Products for asking Civil 3D related questions. In the future please post your question in the proper forum. Thank you.

In regards to your question have you made any effort to clean up your drawing first by running both the -Purge and Audit commands?

I am sorry, this is my first post here, I made mistake.

Yes I tried with Purge and Audit, but still I have problem.

Did you notice the dash in front of the command?

Did you run the Overkill command on the drawing?

Did you trying blocking out the drawing to a new file then do a "save as" to the DXF file format?

But, did you use -PURGE (with the dash), in particular it lets you purge Regapps, which isn't included with the ALL option of either method.

It also lets you purge Zero-length Geometry and Empty text objects.

Also, it will not purge them from blocks and locked layers.

Do you get any error messages?

Did you Export to AutoCAD first?

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Civil3D-UserGuide/files/GUID-8EC415A4-EF8E-4FDA-A54C-AA6E67CBC788-htm.html

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/Civil3D-UserGuide/files/GUID-10DC3242-8763-484E-8C68-EEC48AFD0803-htm.html

Edited by SLW210
Highlight information

No I wrote only command (purge), without dash, what should i choose from options when I wrote with dash?

I haven't use overkill command

First run the OVERKILL command and select everything in your drawing. This will rid it of any duplicate or overlapping objects.

Second run the -PURGE command and purge REGAPPS. Nothing else.

Third run the -PURGE command and purge ALL.

Fourth run the AUDIT command and say YES to AutoCAD fixing any errors.

Save your drawing under a new name (for insurance purposes).

Close then reopen the drawing and repeat the above but save to the current drawing name.

Now try to do a "save as" to a DXF file format. Start with 2000 and see if that works before trying r12.

Do you understand all of the above?

You don't write anything. Press the ENTER key.

For someone who says he has used the Purge command you don't seem very familiar with it.

Fine, I'll leave you to your own devices now.

I mentioned the solution and added links to Autodesk for how to do what you want in Civil 3D and Eldon mentioned the solution and I repeated the solution.

You must have me and Eldon on ignore.

Now i tried your metod, but still same problem. Two days ago I everything was okay, but I don't know what happens now, I have this version 11 months.

I'll download another version and reinstall, thanks for tips and time people, I am sorry for disturbing.