AUTODESK FABRICATION CAD MEP - CONVERTING 3D to 2D

notlob

Hi everyone this is my first time using this service & i have an Autodesk Fabrication CAD MEP question if i may.

when coverting my drawings from 3d to 2d using create 2d command obviously it does the trick & converts to 2d. the problem i have is that all the sections that i have created in other views ports that are also on the same drawing disapear !!

is there any way i can keep the sections or would i have to go to each individual viewport & do create 2d ??

Thankyou

Notlob

Thankyou Cad64 & SLW210

I now understand what the MAXACTVP does but not too sure how this will help my problem ?

am i missing something ?

Cheers

I don't know anything about MEP. What does the "Create 2D Command" do? Does it flatten your 3D model? If so, then I imagine that's why your sections are disappearing.

yes it flattens to 2d & yes i realise that's why the sections disappear.

i have just been working on another project where we got the 3d files (converted to CAD 3d & the 2d files which had the layouts but also the sections.

i think because the Fabrication CAD MEP is a manufacturing tool it can't do what autocad 3d can do.

i just thught i might be missing something, but it doesn't sound like i am :(

yeah i tried exploding in the viewpoint of the section, but of course the section is linked to the model / plan views etc so as soon as you explode you lose the text in the section & the plan !!!

i'm begining to think that there is only one way & that would be to create a 2d drg for each section which is a pain when you've got 25 on one drg ......