Modelling a cone with rolled flange for hygenic vessel

sjoerdvdd

Hi guys,

Im desperatly trying to model a cone for a hygenic vessel we have to design but im having problems giving the moddel a rolled flange.

I have modelled the cone using either contour roll or surface body. Both give me the desired flat pattern.

Correct cone.jpg

Correct cone - flat.jpg

After designing the cone, i wanted to give the edge the desired rolled flange. I tried to model this using again either contour roll or surface body.

Correct cone - radius using surface body.jpg

The problem i'm having is that when i use contour roll, the entire model unfolds incorrect (the entire model unfolds along the defined contour roll axis of the rolled flange). if i use surface body, the rolled flange isn't flattened at all in the flat pattern. I hope pics will clarify

Correct cone - radius not flat.jpg

using surface body

Cone using all contour roll - incorrect unfolding.jpg

using contour roll

Hi guys,

Im desperatly trying to model a cone for a hygenic vessel we have to design but im having problems giving the moddel a rolled flange.

I have modelled the cone using either contour roll or surface body. Both give me the desired flat pattern.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53447[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53449[/ATTACH]

After designing the cone, i wanted to give the edge the desired rolled flange. I tried to model this using again either contour roll or surface body.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53450[/ATTACH]

The problem i'm having is that when i use contour roll, the entire model unfolds incorrect (the entire model unfolds along the defined contour roll axis of the rolled flange). if i use surface body, the rolled flange isn't flattened at all in the flat pattern. I hope pics will clarify

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53451[/ATTACH]

using surface body

[ATTACH=CONFIG]53452[/ATTACH]

using contour roll

I have a lisp that can generate the flat pattern in cad i can run it for you and post the dwg if you supply the imperial decimal data;

1-Big internal dia.

2- Small internal dia.

3-Knuckle internal radius

4-Straight flange height

5-Material thickness

6-Cone angle

In cad we have a tool called revolve, and make the a pattern using dim from the v shave and center hole we can extrude and use subtract tool with both solids entities wonder if such commands exists in SW

HTH

R

Edited by ROBP

Hi R,

Thank you for your reply.

I can make the flat pattern in cad manually myself, but since we have to make cones quite regularly, i would rather have it automated.

Are you willing to share the LISP you've created or is it something private?

Hi R,

Thank you for your reply.

I can make the flat pattern in cad manually myself, but since we have to make cones quite regularly, i would rather have it automated.

Are you willing to share the LISP you've created or is it something private?

Code is private thing but i can post all of calculation data formula and then it will be up to you to add some code lines to generate the questions to ask in the cad command line and the lisp name and ending of the lisp because i am busy and cannot spend time on it right now.