Annotation style: Line through center of measurement disappears

I have an annotation style I wrote that shows first feet and inches, then meters below it. The problem is that no matter what I do, I can't have the annotation line go continuously through so that one number is above the line and the second is below. I imagine it's something simple, but I can't seem to figure it out.

EDIT: Seems to be too blurry to view on the attached image, which I can't seem to remove. Please see the attached PDF.

Annotations.pdf

Annotations.jpg

Is it an annotative dimension style?

I do not know how to do this automatically.

If you set the "Text position horizontal" to above (instead of centered) and set the "Text movement" to "Move text no leader" then you can grip edit to achieve this effect. By default it will be 2 lines of text above the dim line, with the dim line passing through as one continuous line.

I believe that you will need to increse the TEXT OFFSET, as shown in the screenshot.

You can do this when setting up your DIMSTYLE in the DIMSTYLE MANAGER.

If the offset distance is insufficient for the defined text height, the line will

be in the way, and broken to accomodate the two lines of text.

I hope that helps you.

continuous dimension line for alternate dimstyle.jpg

dimstyle manger text offset.JPG

alternate units display below.JPG